Third Place, Desserts Category
2005 Ohio State Fair
12 to 16 Servings
Ingredients for Cake:
1 (18.25) oz. package white cake mix
1 (3) oz. package blackberry flavored gelatin
4 Ohio eggs
½ c. vegetable oil
1 c. Ohio brand blackberry wine
Ingredients for Glaze:
1½ c. confectioner’s sugar
½ c. Ohio brand blackberry wine
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Grease and flour 10-inch baking pan.
3. In large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix.
4. Make well in center and pour in eggs, oil, and blackberry wine.
5. Beat on low speed until blended.
6. Scrape bowl and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Pour ½ blackberry wine glaze over top of cake while still warm.
10. Let set for 10 minutes and remove cake from pan.
11. Allow cake to cool fully before pouring remaining glaze on top.
Instructions for Glaze:
1. In small bowl, stir together confectioner’s sugar and ½ c. blackberry wine.