2016 First Place Entrée – Cooking with Ohio Wines Competition
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 cup Ravens Glen: White Raven Wine
1 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tbl. garlic powder
2 tbl. onion powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 cups Portobello mushrooms
2 lbs. ground chicken
16 ounces mozzarella cheese
8 soft 9 inch enchilada shells
1 pound bag of frozen potatoes
1. In a large skillet on medium high heat, melt the butter, add the flour and stir with a metal fork until all flour is no longer dry.
2. Add the wine and broth. Stir vigorously until flour mixture is dissolved.
3. Add the paprika, one tablespoon garlic powder, onion powder, one tsp. salt, one tsp. black pepper, and mushrooms, and stir until mushrooms soften and the mixture darkens.
4. Remove from heat and fill the bottom of a nine by twelve baking dish about one inch deep from the bottom.
5. In a frying pan on medium heat, place the oil, chicken, one tbsp. garlic powder, one tsp. salt, and one tsp. black pepper.
6. Fry until the chicken browns then remove from the heat and drain.
7. Add the cheese and mix the chicken mixture well.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Lay a nine inch enchilada shell flat, on one half place the chicken cheese mixture evenly.
10. Top the shell with potatoes and roll the filled side to the empty side. Place empty side down in baking dish.
11. Repeat for all remaining shells.
12. Cook for 25 minutes and serve.