First Place and Best of Show Wine Mixer
2017 Ohio State Fair
2/3 C sugar
1/2 C water
2 tsp. jalapeno or serrabi chili, minced
2 tbsp. yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh mint, minced
1/2 C fresh lime or lemon juice
2 C sparkling mineral water
2 C apple juice
2 C Ohio Gewurztraminer or Ohio Riesling wine
Ice cubes for serving
1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and stir in chili. Let cool.
4. Add bell pepper, mint, lime or lemon juice, mineral water, apple juice and Ohio wine.
5. Stir thoroughly and transfer to a nice serving pitcher.
6. Pour into wine glass over ice cubes.