2004 Ohio State Fair
2 to 3 Servings
1 c. Slate Run Slate Rouge Wine
3 tbsp. crushed, dried tomatoes
1 tbsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cayenne red pepper
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. sirloin beef
2 tbsp. Ohio butter
1/8 c. flour
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. fresh thyme sprigs
1 c. Ohio green zucchini, cubed
1 c. Ohio yellow zucchini, cubed
1 c. Ohio eggplant, cubed
½ medium Ohio green pepper, stripped
½ medium Ohio red pepper, stripped
¼ c. capers
1. In large bowl, mix together marinade ingredients. Reserve.
2. Cut sirloin into thick strips. Add sirloin to ¾ of marinade and marinate 1 hour.
3. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill sirloin, cooking 4 minutes per side.
4. In large skillet, melt butter.
5. Add flour; stirring constantly for 1 minute.
6. Add remaining marinade, thyme sprigs, and tomato paste; bringing to a boil over medium-high heat.
7. Add zucchini, eggplant, and peppers; cooking until vegetables are slightly softened, approximately 10 minutes.
8. Plate vegetable medley and serve with sirloin strips on top.