Third Place Wine Mixer
2017 Ohio State Fair
2 C mango chunks
2 C ice
1 C Ohio Riesling for reduction sauce
2 C Ohio Riesling
1/2 C sugar
1 fresh jalapeno, sliced for garnish and reduction, sliced into thin strips and seeds removed
2 limes, juiced and sliced very thinly
lime zest/peel for garnish
freeze-dried mangos for garnish
tiny sliver jalapeno for garnish
4 wine glasses
1. Mix 1 cup Ohio Riesling with sugar and slice of jalapeno.
2. Heat over medium heat until reduced to syrup. Cool.
3. Place ice in blender and blend until crushed.
4. Place mango chunks and 2 cups Ohio Riesling in blender. Blend well.
5. Add 2 tbsp. jalapeno syrup and 2 tbsp. lime juice. Blend briefly to mix.
6. Dip rim of wine glasses in jalapeno/Riesling reduction and dip in sanding sugar.
7. Pour crushed ice into wine glasses.
8. Pour syrup over ice. Then pour mango/lime/jalapeno/Ohio Riesling over ice.
9. Garnish with lime zest/peel/slice and small sliver of jalapeno and freeze-dried mango.