2 cup Meier’s Concord Wine
24 oz. prepared spaghetti sauce
32 oz. tomato puree
2 tbl. dried basil
1 tbl. red pepper flakes
1 tbl. ground black pepper
2 lb. sweet Italian sausage
1 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 lb. ricotta cheese
4 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
16 oz. oven ready Lasagna Noodles
1. In a large mixing bowl; place the wine, spaghetti sauce, puree, basil, and black pepper.
2. In a large frying pan on high heat; place the sausage and stir continuously until well browned.
3. In a crock pot on high heat; pour in enough sauce to cover the bottom about one inch.
4. Evenly layer with noodles.
5. Cover noodles with the sauce and 4 ounces of cheese.
6. Layer with noodles.
7. Slightly cover with sauce, ricotta and 4 ounces of cheese.
8. Layer with noodles, sauce, sausage and remainder of the ricotta.
9. Cover with noodles, sauce and remainder of cheese.
10. Cover once more with noodles and remainder of sauce.
11. Cook for 3 1/2 hours on high.