2004 Ohio State Fair
1 lb. Ohio strawberries, cleaned, hauled, and sliced
¼ c. and 2 tbsp. sugar, divided
¾ c. Slate Run Rurban Red wine, divided
1 3-oz. box strawberry flavored gelatin
¼ c. water
1½ c. Ohio heavy whipping cream, divided
4 oz. cream cheese
¼ tsp. lemon juice
1 10-inch graham cracker crust
1. In medium bowl, add strawberries (saving 1 or 2 for garnish), ¼ c. Slate Run Rurban Red win, and ¼ c. sugar.
2. Crush mixture and let sit a few minutes.
3. In medium saucepan, add water and remaining wine; bringing to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and add gelatin; stirring until dissolved.
5. Cool to room temperature.
6. Stir in strawberry mixture.
7. Chill until consistency of corn syrup.
8. In large bowl, whip 1 c. heavy cream.
9. Chill until mixture mounds when spooned.
10. Mix with strawberry mixture and spoon into graham cracker crust.
11. Chill until set.
12. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
13. Slowly add remaining whipping cream; continuing to beat.
14. Slowly add remaining sugar and lemon juice; beating until smooth.
15. Carefully spread mixture on top of strawberry layer.
16. Chill overnight.
17. Garnish and serve.