Store bought or homemade vanilla pound cake cut into small cubes
Zest of 2 large lemons
Juice of 2 large lemons (about 1/2 cup)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
5 large egg yolks
PORT WINE GELATIN
2 regular sized paks. black cherry gelatin dessert
1 cup boiling water
2 cans Bing cherries, cut in half
2 cups juice from canned cherries
2 cups Meier’s Ruby Red Port Wine
SWEETENED WHIP CREAM
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1. In a food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade, mince lemon zest with sugar.
2. Let machine run until zest is of desired fineness.
3. Add yolks and lemon juice and let machine run for 5 seconds to blend.
4. With machine running, pour melted butter through feed tube.
5. Pour mixture into heavy saucepan and cook very slowly, stirring constantly with wire whisk until thickened.
6. Cool and chill in covered container.
PORT WINE GELATIN
1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
2. Add 3 cups of cherry juice and 1 cup of Meier’s Ruby Red Port Wine.
3. Fold in 1 cup of cherries and pour gelatin into a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
4. Chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Meanwhile, place remaining 1 cup cherries in a bowl, cover with other cup of Meier’s Ruby Red Port Wine and chill.
SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream with mixer until foamy.
2. Slowly mix in sugar and continue beating until cream holds stiff peaks.
1. Place cake cubes into bottom of dessert glasses, abut 1″ deep.
2. Spoon small amount of wine-soaked cherries over cake.
3. Spoon enough lemon curd over cake to cover cake completely.
4. Cut gelatin into small cubes and place cubes on top of lemon curd.
5. Place dollop of whipped cream on top of gelatin.
6. Spoon small amount of wine-soaked cherries over whipped cream and top with a fresh cherry. Serve cold.