2004 Ohio State Fair
Ingredients for Cheesecake Mixture:
24 oz. cream cheese, softened
1¼ c. sugar
3 Ohio eggs
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ c. Meier’s American Concord wine
Ingredients for Wine Topping:
1 c. Ohio sour cream
¼ c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. Meier’s American Concord wine
Ingredients for Pecan Topping:
1 c. pecans, finely ground
2 tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
5 to 6 pecan halves
1 10-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In large bowl with electric mixer, blend cream cheese and 1¼ c. sugar at medium speed until well-blended.
3. Add eggs, one at a time; blending well.
4. Add vanilla extract and ½ c. Meier’s American Concord wine; blending for 5 minutes.
5. Pour filling on top of crust.
6. Bake cheesecake approximately 1 hour or until golden brown and mixture has risen to top of pan.
7. Turn off oven and let cheesecake cool in oven for 2½ hours.
8. In small bowl, mix sour cream, powdered sugar, and 1 tbsp. Meier’s American Concord wine.
9. Spoon onto top of cooled cheesecake.
10. In small bowl, combine finely ground pecans, white sugar, and cinnamon.
11. Sprinkle pecan topping on top of cheesecake.
12. Garnish with pecan halves.