2015 Best of Show and 1st Place Dessert – Cooking with Ohio Wines Competition
- 1 750ml bottle Mon Ami Lake Erie Concord
- 5 cups watermelon juice, pureed
- 2 1/2 ounces gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large watermelon shell
- 2 cups grapes
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Pour wine in medium mixing bowl and add gelatin.
- Stir until gelatin is slightly dissolved.
- Remove one-third of the top of the watermelon and scoop out the insides of the remaining melon.
- Puree the scooped out watermelon and strain out the pulp, leaving mostly juice.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, pour the watermelon juice and sugar, bringing to a boil. Stir until sugar is well dissolved.
- When mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour over wine mixture. Stir for three minutes.
- Pour mixture into scooped out watermelon shell.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Decorate with whipped topping and grapes.