2015 Second Place Entrée – Cooking with Ohio Wines Competition
- 1 1/2 cups Valley Vineyards Estate Ohio River Valley Concord wine
- 1 cup onions
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup green peppers
- 1 cup yellow peppers
- 1 cup red peppers
- 2 pounds lamb shank
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 6 soft tortillas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese
- In food processor, place onions, parsley, mint leaves, garlic and olive oil. Puree to make a pesto.
- In another food processor, process the lamb shanks and four tablespoons of pesto; grinding slightly.
- On medium high heat, place ground lamb mixture in skillet. Add wine, half cup of each of the peppers and mushrooms as the wine cooks down.
- When mushrooms have softened, remove and set aside.
- On six tortillas, spread remaining pesto. Place meat into six portions on tortillas, adding a half cup of each of the peppers and mushrooms. Roll tortillas.
- Place on serving plate, dollop each with sour cream and dice the remaining peppers to top with, as well as the cheese.