Third Place, Desserts Category
2003 Ohio State Fair
New Albany, Ohio
12 to 14 servings
2 ½ c. all -purpose flour
2 ¼ tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 3.3 oz instant white chocolate pudding
¾ c. (one and one-half sticks) butter softened
1 c. Sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
6 oz. Premium white baking bars, melted
¾ c. Meier’s 44 Cream Sherry
1. Preheat over to 350°.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and white chocolate pudding and set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth.
4. Add melted white chocolate to butter and egg mixture, and then beat into dry ingredients.
5. Add Meier’s Cream Sherry and beat until smooth and incorporated well.
6. Pour batter into a 10-inch, buttered and floured pan, smooth top.
7. Bake in over 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool completely.
3 c. Whipping cream
¼ c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. Meier’s 44 Cream Sherry
2 T. instant French vanilla cappuccino powder
1c. Fresh blackberries
1. In a large mixing bowl combine cream, sugar, Meier’s Cream Sherry, and cappuccino. Beat at high speed until cream peaks and holds its shape.
1. Split the cake layer horizontally and fill with cream mixture.
2. Top with second layer and spread remaining cream over top and sides.
3. Arrange berries over top of the torte.